Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The feeling of returning home, in June 2007

GOING HOME

Going back to the land above the smog
the land we grew to love
The place where we came from

Going back to the land where we belong
where the lizards and bunnies roam
The place that we call home.

Tujie 6/07


I wrote that poem when I returned my daughters, pets and I to our humble home in the hills, last June. I don't know why I had to write it. I don't know why I wonder why I had to write it. My kids tell me "Mom you use too many words to explain things." Maybe that's why I had to write it. It narrowed down all the crazy thoughts churning around in my head. Maybe I wrote it to settle me down. Maybe that's why I always have to write poems. I haven't written one since I wrote that one. So maybe I'm feeling calm now. I did spend a couple hours yesterday, however, journaling my trip to San Francisco, which was so rich in detail and serendipity (and fate?) that I dared not risk remembering it all. I wrote it down so I could relive it again, and again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home