Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Prisoner's Lament

Albert's scheduled for release from Texas prison February 2008, where he was incarcerated for posession of Marijana in 2006. His wife and children eagerly await his return to Washington state.

I admire Albert's positive, upbeat personality. I have two binders of stories which he has written and mailed to me and other family members, using his lock-down time productively.

I believe that marijuana is no more criminal than alcohol and therefore should be just as legal as alcohol. God help us that Albert's family was made to rely on their own resources while he was locked up for two years because he likes to get high. The corruption in our society is enough to make me want to become a hippie. But I don't because I know bullshit lies in that path as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home